Our Community Supporters
NevadaGIVES relies on the compassion and generosity of people like you to make our work possible. Whether you are a company looking to strengthen your image as a good corporate citizen or an individual who believes in the power of giving back to the community in which you live, NevadaGIVES offers a variety of giving opportunities for you.
By promoting charitable giving and volunteerism, NevadaGIVES is able to touch all nonprofits in our community. Become a community supporter today in one or more of the following ways:
- Provide a financial donation or sponsorship to help us further our mission through technology, programming and community outreach.
- Provide billboards, advertisements and other avenues to promote giving in Nevada.
- Share your expertise and passion by volunteering
- Submit charitable “feel good” stories for our website and events for our charitable events calendar.
- Attend our various educational and networking events throughout the year.
- Be a NevadaGIVES ambassador and spread the word about NevadaGIVES and all we do to support those who want to give back to our community.
2011 Sponsorship Opportunities
Our Community Partners
We don't favor any single or specific charity in our community. We favor all of them. As such, our mission is very broad. We want to encourage people to give locally, especially the many new businesses and individuals who haven't yet been inspired to give. There are thousands of opportunities to make a difference in Nevada, and we think it's simply a matter of connecting citizens to the needs and charitable pathways around them.
In our effort to connect you to organizations that may be able to meet your needs, we provide the list of our community partners below:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Las Vegas (AFP Las Vegas) – AFP Las Vegas is the professional association of individuals responsible for generating philanthropic support for a wide variety of local nonprofit organizations.
- Community Foundation of Western Nevada – CFWN strengthens northern Nevada through philanthropy by connecting people who care with causes that matter.
- Foundation Center – The Foundation Center is a national nonprofit service organization recognized as the nation’s leading authority on organized philanthropy, connecting nonprofits and the grantmakers supporting them to tools they can use and information they can trust.
- Gift Planning Advisors Nevada – GPA Nevada supports professional advisors in advising their clients regarding the selection of philanthropic gift planning strategies as a part of wealth and estate planning to the nonprofit community.
- Henderson Community Foundation (HCF) — HCF accepts and manages gifts and distributes resources to qualified charitable causes that strengthen Henderson and all of our community.
- Nano — supports executive directors and their executive board leadership by providing education, networking, and resources that will help them save time and money. (no website)
- Nevada Community Foundation (NCF) — NCF matches acts of caring to the many needs in Southern Nevada.
- Nevada Grant Professionals Association -
The Nevada Grant Professionals Association is part of the Grant Professionals Association, a premier national professional organization representing the needs and concerns of grant professionals.
- Nevada Volunteers — Nevada Volunteers, known previously as the Nevada Commission for National and Community Service, serves as the Governor’s commission to administer AmeriCorps programs throughout Nevada and as the state’s information and resource center for volunteer and service efforts.
- The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation — The Harwood Institute is a nonprofit, non—partisan organization that seeks to spark fundamental change and authentic hope in American public life. They do this by cultivating, coaching, connecting, and supporting fearless leaders who are trying to create hope, change and progress in their communities and in the lives of the people who live there.
- United Way of Southern Nevada – The United Way of Southern Nevada unites leadership, engages community, and focuses resources to make lasting changes to improve lives.
- HandsOn Nevada – A program of United Way of Southern Nevada, HandsOn Nevada's goal is to meet critical community needs by engaging people with volunteer opportunities in collaboration with others.